Monday, August 31, 2009

The Next Stage


So the next step in this process (which happens in T- 25 days!) is called Staging. It's where my training group meets up at a central location to get a "brief but intense" introduction to the Peace Corps. I have just found out that mine will be held in Philadelphia, PA. I'm sure I won't be doing a lot of sight seeing.

During this time we get all of our necessary shots for travel, meet each other, and get our first taste of the Peace Corps up close and personal. I'm sure we'll also be signing paperwork assuring the government that we aren't up to no good. It's like the first day of school all over again. I'll have to pick out a cool outfit : )

2 comments:

  1. I'm excited to hear about everything you do...it'll be a fun comparison as we're in the same general region!
    Just a tip...at staging you'll probably get a little lump of money to get some odds and ends before you leave...it might be in your best interest to save as much of this as possible, convert it when you get there, and buy a cell phone(once in country that is). Unless you're bringing one of course. I did, so I had a lot of money to burn. Just make sure the one your bring is international, because you will need one, even if they haven't made that all too clear by now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, keep in mind that you might not actually get any vaccinations until you get in-country. They say it happens in staging, but we didn't get any shots until we met our doctors in Peru. Also keep in mind that in staging everyone is dressed up and clean and looking the best they will for the next 2 years. And nobody acts like themselves. It's awkward and hilarious. Enjoy. We still joke about those days.

    ReplyDelete