Thursday, August 13, 2009

Pack Your Bags for the Ride of Your Life!


It took from February 16th until August 6th, countless visits to medical professionals, and a lot of patience and flexibility to get to this point.  In the end it worth the wait.  I have been invited to become a Peace Corps Volunteer in Ukraine!!!  My journey begins on September 25th and my commitment lasts twenty-seven months.  A few quick tidbits about Ukraine (I knew very little to nothing about this country until I was invited to go there).......

Language-Ukranian (Russian near the Russian Boarder)

President- Viktor A. YUSHCHENKO (I'm still trying to figure out when and why they capitalize all of the letters in certain words.)

Literacy Rate- 99.4%

Currency- Hryvnia 

I'll be posting pictures and stories here throughout my travels.  Please leave me comments!  It will be nice to get messages in English : )

2 comments:

  1. check out that literacy rate! wanna switch countries?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ashley! It's so great to read your blog and hear about your adventures. I'm so glad you're doing well and it sounds like an amazing experience. I am so proud of you (and jealous too) for being part of this project and know you will come away with so many rewards. Have fun, be safe, and keep us posted! Love, Aunt Holli

    ReplyDelete