Monday, May 24, 2010

Rainy Daze

Hi everyone!
I had an interesting weekend.

The original plan: Shashlik at Adrien's. Meet Niko, in Khmelnetsky, take the marshrutka (bus) there together.

What Actually Happened: I got on the marshrutka to Khmelnetsky (about an hour long ride)at 12:20. At 12:50 Niko called me and said the shashlik was cancelled. Boo. I got to Khmelnetsky and found out that it was my friend Ruslan's birthday and we were going to celebrate with (you guessed it) shashlik. It was like a roller-coaster ride of emotions. We had a lovely picnic by a little lake. I learned a new frisbee game (apparantly I've gotten a little rusty when it comes to disk tossing) that is basically like tag and keep-away. One person is "the dog" and they have to tag the person with the frisbee before they throw it to another person.
The next day we went to yet another shashlik at Niko's host family's summer house. It was tasty and the family was really nice. I drank a little too much red wine, but all things considered it was a great night.
Today it's raining and I'm waiting for my 5-o-clock train home. Hopefully it's raining in the town where I live too. My Sugar Peas need it to grow up strong and delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment