Friday, May 21, 2010

May!

Spring time in Ukraine is beautiful (probably expecially beautiful when compared to the starkness of the winter). My yard is abloom with tulips, lilacs, and about a billion other flowers. Our chicks have transformed into chickens, and the garden (which is really like a small farm!) is well underway. My officiall veggie contribution has been sweet peas!! I can't wait for all of this fresh produce to flood into my potato and mayonaise filled life!!!

I officially have three teaching days before summer vacation! I'm sure I'll find myself wishing school was back in session when I'm totally bored, but at this point I am wickedly excited for a little break. I'm hoping to do some travelling around Ukraine, and I am definitely signed up to work at a baseball camp (of all things). I assured the camp director that I am not in fact good at sports, but he said my English prowess outweighs my lack of coordination.

News Flash! I went running yesterday. I think that having a dog to take care of is one of the best things I could do for my health. I can't stand to see him just sit around all day. I've also developed the very Ukrainian habbit of doing morning exersizes. It's amazing what a ton of down time will motivate you to do. I'm toying with the idea of becoming a vegetarian for the summer...they eat a pretty meat-heavy diet here and it would be hard to explain to people why I just suddenly stopped eating meat (vegetarianism is not popular in Ukraine, neither is refusing to eat what is offered to you), so we'll see about that.

I hope you are all having an excellent spring!

1 comment:

  1. I hope to see Ashley's Baseball Camp in photos in a bit of time.

    ReplyDelete