Monday, July 26, 2010

How I Fill A Day

1. Taught myself how to cross-stitch with youtube videos. I'm making a mouse jumping rope. Don't know what the hell I'm going to do with it when I'm done, but it's pretty adorable. I always wanted to knit, but could never get past the scarf-turned-pot holder (because I get bored with it too quickly) level. Maybe this is more my crafting speed. It's easy and you get instant gratification, at least with a small project like this.

2. Harvesting and eating sweet peas!! My pea plants are finally producing. Everyday I go out and grab a couple hand fulls of delectible stuff. I give them to my dog as a treat from time to time. As it turns out dogs like vegetables and fruit... who knew?

3. Watching Big Love and True Blood. Neither of these is my favorite show ever, but they're entertaining.

4. Meeting with Ukrainians who want to practice their English. I still have to do something productive. For a while I was giving my colleague's grandson private lessons. I need to start doing that again. He's a smart little guy. Half the time I'll plan a lesson, get there and find out that he already knows everything I was going to teach him.

5. Planning my summer trip! My friend Therese is coming to visit me at the end of August! I can't wait to see her. Trying to figure out some cool but inexpensive things to do around here. We'll definitely see Kyiv and either the Black Sea or the Carpathian Mountains. Maybe we'll even make it to Lviv! I still haven't been there and everyone says great things.

No comments:

Post a Comment