Friday, March 26, 2010

An Update

A life goal has been achieved. I HAVE A PUPPY!!!! His name is Freddy. Initially it was Franky but Anya (the lady I live with who technically owns the dog) kept calling him Freddy so it stuck. He is pretty much the cutest puppy ever. When I get the internet at my house (which is supposedly happening soon) I will be posting many many pictures... 6 months worth really. So now I officially live with an adorable lady, a kitten, chickens, rabbits, and a puppy. Gotta love that.

This weekend it is finally getting warm! Along with the snow and ice people's dispositions are melting. I have gotten a lot more preevets (hellos) on the street since the shift in the weather.

Today I'm in Kyiv, then on my way to Morozivka for Saturday and Sunday. Next week is my spring break and I think I'm heading to Odessa. I'm hoping to see the Black Sea, but it'll be way to cold to play outside too much. I also want to go to an art museum... we'll see about that.

Last weekend was one of the other volunteers' birthday's so we went out to a club called shtorm (NOT storm!). It was a hilarious club with a fake tornado in the middle of the dance floor and booths with huge leather couches. We were dancing and celebrating and all of a sudden there were two people dancing on stage... a man wearing a metalic colored vest and suspenders and a girl who had cut the butt pockets out of her jeans so it appeared that she was wearing funky chapps. They were certainly paid to be up there and their moves were hilarious. Vesty's move (singular) was to wiggle around and point at different points in the room. Great stuff. After the club we taxied it back to my friend Niko's apartment and absolutely devoured all of his expensive food. A lovely night was had by all.

1 comment:

  1. SHTORM! sounds like a place where I would feel obligated to get myself into trouble

    ReplyDelete